Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rotisserie

I have had no apparent side effects from yesterday's taxol infusion. Right now I am lying on my right side, distributing today's chemotherapy to the right side of my abdomen. 45 minutes ago, 1 liter of warmed (body temperature) saline containing cis-platin was instilled into my abdomen through the IP (intra-peritoneal) port. Now I am turning every 15 minutes, like a pig on a spit, to help distribute the fluid throughout my abdomen.

Luckily, I have had no pain or nausea. We'll see how I do after I get off "the rotisserie".

Alarm just went off--turn again, only 1:15 more....

Home tomorrow, I hope.

Kay (transcribed by John)

2 comments:

  1. You are way prettier than a pig on a spit. :)
    PEG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that all is going well. I can only imagine what it would feel like being on a rotisserie. I agree with Peg you are way prettier than a pig on a spit! We, at work, all miss your beautiful smiling face. God Bless

    ReplyDelete