Wednesday, July 7, 2010







This third cycle of chemo has been more trying than the prior 2 for some reasons. But my way has been cheered by the beautiful things people have made for me. For instance, today I received a pair of hand knit socks from one of my patients. I have often admired hers in the office. She even sent washing instructions. Aren't they great?














Last week my friend and fellow book club member , Elizabeth, brought me a bag of knit caps, one even festive enough for the 4th of July. You would be surprised how good a warm cap feels once the wig is off, even in summer.






Then there is Kathy's incredible comfort quilt. It has lived up to its name many times over.











Dixie sent me a Courage mug from our local potter. It was glazed with Mt. St. Helen's ash. Somehow appropriate. And Lynn sent a small metal piece of yard art representing we two BFF's . I feel blessed with all of this friendship.

Time for a wig wash today. It apparently needs to be done every 2 weeks or so. It hasn't dried over night as advertised so a hat will be in order tomorrow.




























Judging from the last two cycles I will feel considerably better by Saturday. I'll keep you up to date.

3 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to see how great you are doing. You have been such a blessing to so many that it is no surprise to me so much love is being sent your way. You are thought of and prayed for on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks. And your friend is a truly confidant knitter to present a pair to you. I knit a pair last winter but the do NOT match. I forgot one essential step in the second sock and it would be perfect for someone who needed a sock to fit over toes that were enclosed in one of those walking casts. Hope the weekend is brighter for you.
    Love, PEGGY

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to be in my thoughts & prayers. I love the pictures you post and hearing how you are doing. I hope you will feel stronger soon.
    Love,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete