Thursday, October 7, 2010

Great news! My CT scan showed no evidence of cancer! What a relief. Now I need to decide on whether or not I want something new called consolidation treatment. It has been demonstrated to be beneficial, but the agent used would make my neuropathy worse. I worry about not being able to take care of myself due to the neuropathy. My handwriting is shot already. I wouldn't be able to practice medicine. A difficult decision.

I drove today for the first time in a while. It went well, encouraging me. I'm noticeably stronger and have not had nausea in some time. Yesterday I swept up leaves in the front yard, just in time for the rain today. I have started to read medical journals for CME. So things continue to improve.

Kay

8 comments:

  1. Great news on your CT scan, Kay! Don't know enough about the consolidation treatment to comment on that. Do the benefits outweigh what you'd be giving up? Seems like I haven't seen you in a long time. Hope to cross paths soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome news! I am sure that you will make the right decision on your future treatment. Love and prayers.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!! Prayers being answered. So happy to hear the good news that there is no longer any sign of the cancer. Now, I would just suggest that you ask our Lord for help in making the decision you are facing, and I know He will guide you well. Now, on to more great living and getting stronger and stronger with each passing day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You conquered the "Everest" of stairs at the Inn, the walking stick is history and now the wonderful CT scan results--you're on a roll, Kay--good karma! Love, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kay - We were both thrilled to hear that your scan came back clean and that you're already up and out the door - with wheels even! It's good news that you're able to do some CME and get back to your other interests. Eat hearty and cherish each falling leaf that signals you're moving on to the next season of this journey.

    Love and hugs,
    Lynn and Dan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you, Kay. Such encouraging news. Our parallel journeys are moving on to the next stage. Thank you for being such a strong role model through all this. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful update, Kay. Lauri and I continue to remember you and John in our thoughts and prayers. Our prayer today will be for wisdom as you decide about the consolidation treatment.

    ReplyDelete