Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm really excited to be back at work. Yesterday was my first day. I have missed my patients and all the people I have worked with for so long. Instead of being tired at the end of a half day I was energized. So much so that it was hard to go to sleep last night. (But hard to get up this morning for an 8AM start.) Things are going well except for occasional clumsiness resulting in near falls.

Focusing on someone or something other than myself certainly has allowed me to forget about my fears and current symptoms. Being back at work has made me feel joyful, a phenomenon I did not expect. Appropriate for the Holiday season, don't you think?

Kay

3 comments:

  1. It is nice to have you back Dr. K. It was a great surprise to see you, your absence near Shellys desk has been too long. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your coworkers and patients are as pleased to have your back as you are to be back. It almost makes me want to develop a medical problem in order to get to see you again. No, not really, hehe. But, it is reassurring to know that we will be able to make appointments with you again when we need to. I totally agree that for you to feel joyful is most appropriate for this time of year, and I pray that joy will continue for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay - Your life's work is medicine not only for patients, but also for YOUR body, mind, and soul. So glad to hear that you enjoyed getting back to the clinic, the staff, and your patients. It is indeed a gift when work brings us so much pleasure. :-) Love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete